Friday, January 20, 2012

Moosewood Cookbook: Sweet Potato Pancakes



I love sweet potatoes!  I love them grilled, roasted, boiled, etc.  When I discovered this recipe in the Moosewood Cookbook, I thought, "How could I go wrong?"


This recipe is easy to make (if you have a food processor) and the results are tasty. I actually made them late one evening and ended up refrigerating for the next day. I tried a taste the night I made them, but actually preferred them reheated the next day.  The flavors of sweet potato and onion had blended well.  I topped the Sweet Potato Pancakes with a dollop of Karoun Mediterraniean Syle Lowfat Yogurt. What a delicious lunch!

Sweet Potato Pancakes

4 cups, peeled and grated sweet potatoes
1/2 cup grated onion
3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
black pepper to fast
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup flour

oil for frying

Toppings: sour cream, yogurt

Combine all ingredients; mix well.



Heat a small amount of oil in skillet until hot.

Use a non-slotted spoon for form thing pancakes, patting the batter down.  Fry on both sides until brown, adding small amounts of additional oil, if needed.



Serve hot with toppings.

No comments: